This map shows the general region in RED where we believe Carl was driving when he disappeared along the Texas/Mexico border.
Border Crossings Along this Route
(Informational links to Wikipedia open in a new tab / window.)
- FALCON DAM – Spur 2098, Falcon Heights, Texas – Blas de la Garza Falcon, Guererro, Tamaulipas (Falcon Dam)
- ROMA – Bravo Blvd., Roma, Texas – Avenida Venustiano Carranza, Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas (Roma – Ciudad Miguel Alemán International Bridge)
- RIO GRANDE CITY -‘ Pete Díaz Ave., Rio Grande City, Texas – Blvd. Ensenada, Ciudad Camargo, Tamaulipas (Rio Grande City – Camargo International Bridge)
- LOS EBANOS – FM 886, Los Ebanos, Texas – Av. Adolfo Lopez Mateo, Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, Tamaulipas (hand-pulled ferry crossing)
- ‘ANZALDUAS –Bryan Road, Mission, Texas – Reynosa-Matamoros Highway, Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Anzalduas International Bridge)
- HIDALGO – US 281, Hidalgo, Texas – , Luis Echeverria Alvarez, Reynosa, Tamaulipas (McAllen–Hidalgo–Reynosa International Bridge)
Click to zoom and explore. Carl was last heard from at Point A, the International Crossing at Falcon Lake at around 9:30PM on Saturday, March 10, 2012. He was headed South East to reach McAllen, Texas. He could have attempted to use any of the above border crossings along this route.